Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Retrieval day

                        
Sunday was the big day we had been waiting for, we had been preparing mentally and physically for this day. We made the drive to Thousand Oaks on Saturday so we would have time to relax and didn't have to be up so early and rush the day of. We got to our hotel Saturday and unloaded all the snacks I had purchased for after my procedure all my friends who had been through this said to have high sodium after to help with the bloating, I got pickles (thanks to my mother in law and her knowledge that pickles have tons of sodium), goldfish, granola bars and Gatorade. After resting we headed out for dinner we ended up at outback and had a great dinner discussing our soon to be kids! We headed back to the hotel after dinner and just relaxed I was a bit worried about the time change and missing our appointment or alarm after calling in a wake up call from my father in law I was able to head to bed. Morning came early and I was starving only to remember I couldn't eat or drink till after the retrieval, the hotel smelled like breakfast talk about torture. We arrived to the Dr. Office and my nerves started filled out all the paper work and then it was time they called us back, I got all dressed in my gown, robe, and hair cover. I felt more like a celebrity at a medical spa then at a Dr. Office. My nurse came in and went over everything with us then I was taken to the procedure room, I held back my tears as I left Greg always the worst part for me. The nurse got me in the bed and bundled me up put heating pads on my arms and started to prep me, she got my iv in and gave me something to relax me Dr. K came in and said hi and went to scrub in. Next thing I know I was waking up and we were done seemed so quick Greg was waiting for me in recovery and they told us the wonderful news they were able to retrieve 18 eggs!!! I was in some pain they gave me a shot to help with pain and one I was fully awake they got ready to discharge me. Greg took such great care of me he got me some food and then took me back to the hotel and let me sleep off the meds. I felt pretty good that night so we went to dinner and got some frozen yogurt I think the yogurt was my favorite part. I was in some pain when we got back to the hotel so I called it a night and headed to bed. Monday morning we headed home after breakfast at the hotel. Monday afternoon Dr. K called to let is know 15 of our 18 eggs fertilized I was so excited I am now a proud momma of 15! 

Will update soon as we get more info about our 15 praying they continue to thrive and grow! 

                                         
                                                   All dressed and ready for procedure!
                                 
                                                 All done and waking up!
                          





No comments:

Post a Comment