Friday, March 7, 2014

Almost time......

Its almost time for retrieval! Yup already hard to believe this past 2 weeks have been full of trips back and forth to the RE and injections but we have almost made it to the next huge step. Let me update you on what has been going on this week.


Monday I made the 3 hour drive to Thousand Oaks to see our RE who I love without him I am not sure we would be to this point! I had my blood drawn to monitor estrogen levels and had my date with Mr. Wand (ultrasound machine) Dr. was very happy with results as this far which made me happy! after a great appointment I made my stop for lunch at Taco Bell my favorite place and headed home. I got the call when I got to home that my lab results came back amazing and I would be adding in another injection to my nightly routine. I grabbed all my medicine and headed out the door for Bible study I enjoy my Monday night time with the ladies there and they are so supportive of our IVF journey. So far I have done injections at our friends house while there for dinner and now Bible study oh the stories I will have for my children!
Tuesday and Wednesday I watched my friends kids and had to make the easy decision that I can now only wear yoga pants or stretchy pants the meds make me so bloated that I am worried when I go into public someone might ask me when I am due :/ another lovely side effect. Wednesday my husband even came home with flowers for me!!! For those of you that know us know how big this is I am always giving him a hard time about how I never get flowers.
Thursday I made the 3 hour trip back to the RE to be checked blood work and date with Mr. Wand I decided to give him a name since we have dates so often haha anyway Dr. K was super impressed with me and decided he didn't need to see me until retrieval day Eeeekkk! They gave me all my instructions and sent me on my way.
Friday(Today) I am packing getting ready for my procedure this am I took my last 225iu of Follistim hopefully ever! and tonight I will be taking the last injection of Menopur again hopefully ever! and then triggering ovulation and in 35 hours from then I will be getting set for retrieval!
I  don't know if its the hormones or what but as I type this I am crying, I am crying because we have come so far and being done with injections means we are closer to our goal of our babyshoes!!! I am truly so thankful for all the love and support we get from each and everyone of you without you all I am not sure I could do all this!
I will update as soon as I can on how retrieval goes and how many eggs we are able to get!


I will leave you with some picutres from this week....
Flowers from my hubby! 
My fastly filling sharps container
Progress of my follicles 
My super bloated belly and giving myself and injection!

No comments:

Post a Comment