Monday, April 21, 2014

Transfer update

Well the time has come where it's time to update you all on everything to this point. We had our transfer 4/10/14 we had to be at the office at 11:15am and as soon as I saw the building I started sobbing I was overcome with emotions from scared to happy and excited and all in between we prayed in the car and then headed in we took a picture in the waiting room as our final moments of a family of two would soon be over and we couldn't be happier. They called us back and it was time to change into my hospital attire and empty my bladder they had me drink just enough water to be able to see everything perfect on ultrasound and then I took my Valium our embryologist came in to tell us our embie who we call snow pea made it and handed us our babies first picture! dr came in and prepared everything and told our embryologist it was go time! He put everything in place and counted to 3 and we saw our snow pea go from the catheter to my womb! I started to sob the moment we worked for was here! I laid there for awhile then they wheeled me to the car and we left to check into our hotel room where I would spend the next few days on bed rest/ limited activity. Greg was amazing taking care of me and even went and got dinner from Cheesecake Factory I stuffed my face I was so hungry when I opened my salad though they gave me BBQ sauce instead of dressing I ate it anyways with the BBQ sauce it was good Greg was weirded out and asked if this was one of many to come in the weird things pregnant women ate! The next 9 days I had to keep busy because my mind was going to go crazy waiting to see if our IVF worked. 

The 9 days flew by I was able to keep busy and if not busy I was so sleepy I just slept. This Saturday our 9 day wait was over we headed to la for blood work to find out if our snow pea made it! It was the longest drive of my life!! We got blood drawn then hung around because we didn't want to be in the mountains when they called. Agonizing over the call we decided to head to lunch at claim jumper, as soon as our food came we got the call..... Our nurse had that tone and my heart sank I tried my best to keep it together at the table as she told me our first IVF attempt was NOT A SUCESS... Needless to say our appetite was gone we got the check and left we hardly made it to the car before I broke down! Y poor husband was angry and sad and so was I, I felt I let him down and again it's my fault we were not pregnant. We are struggling but each day will be better we will pick up the pieces and try again! We are sad our little snow pea didn't make it however we will not give up we will beat this! 

I will leave you with some pictures of the past few weeks. We thank you all for all the love and support! 

           Our last picture of a family of 2
        Our first picture of a family of 3
       Our little snow pea after the transfer! 
     (Yes it's pink because our snow pea is a girl)
         Our little girls first baby picture 
    (We now have an angel watching over us)


6 comments:

  1. Tears :( I'm so sorry to both of you. Such wonderful people, you deserve the world. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys! Never give up. You WILL beat this, I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me cry, but I can't tell you how much I admire you. There is no way I could go through what you two are. I would totally give up feeling defeated. You are a strong woman with an amazing husband, I pray that you receive what your heart desires, you will make a great mother and your child will be the luckiest one in the world- to have parents that never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both in our prayers love you girlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carissa, I am friends of susan. I have been following your blog for awhile. My heart feels for you. I too struggled with infertility. It took me a year and a half with my first and 3 years with my twins with ivf. Don't give up. Stay strong and your miracle will happen. I know it's hard but just know all your energy and struggles will pay off eventually. Keep trying and don't give up.i know the road you are on and it's a struggle and tiring. Just know I'm praying for you and one day you will have your little bundle of joy in your arms. Keep your faith. Hugs. And lots of baby dust your way.

    ReplyDelete