Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Round 1 IUI Update... sorry its late!

Since my last update we started treatment for IUI I started 75iu injections of follistim every morning for 7 days then went in for another ultrasound to check for mature follicles.... We were feeling super positive and hopeful more so than any other round we have done up to that point, my ultrasound apt was June 14th which was the day after our 4 year wedding anniversary what a gift we thought that would be! Well my mother in law got to come with me to my apt since Greg works third shift so what was nice it was a packed waiting room which is never a problem when I go. After waiting for an hour it was our turn to go back women look at you with such sympathy when the DR. comes and calls you personally and then asks you how your doing and rubs your back and says kind things I am sure the other ladies were thinking what the heck is wrong with her!! anyways we go back and start the oh so fun ultrasound NOT! and Dr. says well the right side has 2 good mature follicles ready and then lets look at the left he says "hummm..." ok not good and then tells me left side has none zip nada nothing! my heat sank because my mother in law and I were telling each other we were in the good news line. And being that no one knows whats wrong with my right side we talked and he told me we were done for that cycle and to call with the start of my next cycle UGH!!! so we came home I told Greg and we waited!!


Good old Mother Nature sent my cycle and so I called the Dr. and made my apt. which was this last Monday the 1st now normally when I go its ultra sound and then they tell you ok lets order meds and give me my plan of action.... This time I had the ultrasound and started treatment right then!!! and they doubled my dosage with the goal of having good follicles on the left and the right :) tomorrow is my last day at the double dose and then will go back to the 75iu for a few more days and back to the Dr. on the 8th!!! Please say a prayer for us that this round will be the round to give us those baby shoes!!

I will post again on the 8th everyone have a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment